- MoneyHero maintains editorial independence at all times.
- The editorial position is independent from commercial objectives.
- The reporting lines of the Editorial and Commercial teams are separate so that an independent editorial position can be maintained.
- Our publishing activities focus exclusively on what is in the consumer’s best interest.
- We research and produce content about the best solutions to help consumers save time and money.
- Our content should be simple.
- Our results, conclusions and recommendations must be easy to understand and useful for consumers.
- If we recommend products or services this is exclusively for the benefit of consumers, such recommendations must not be perceived as being biased towards or paid for by a provider.
Free content, no advertising, transparency about business model
- The editorial content and product information that we publish on our website is free for consumers.
- Third parties such as providers are not able to pay for display advertising on the website or in other content channels including weekly newsletters, social media pages, or blog posts.
- If a product is promoted on a product result page or blog article for a fee this will be clearly described as a “Sponsored Product”. If sponsored content is produced or distributed in other media, the label “Sponsored Content” and a logo of the sponsor will be clearly featured in all material produced.
- MoneyHero will clearly communicate our business model to consumers. The terms and conditions on our website explain how we make money and describe the role of paid links in our content or on our results pages.
- We research, compare and produce content about all products, services or trends in the market, not just the products or services offered by providers who we have a trading relationship with.
No conflict of interest
- Our editors have no financial interest in the companies and financial services providers that they write about. They do not own any shares in such companies or maintain any other relationships that could lead to financial gain or a conflict of interest on their part.
- Our employees and their families do not have any personal relationship to companies and financial services providers that they write about.
- Our employees do not engage in any activities outside of their work that could lead to a conflict of interest or give the impression that their independence is compromised when they write about and compare financial products and services.
Journalistic standards and best practice
- In addition to this editorial code, our analysts and editors follow global journalistic best practice when it comes to accuracy and fact checking, the transparent and correct attribution of sources, and maintaining a fair and objective editorial position.